Monday, September 7, 2009

Starting WAMP

In this post, Im gonna discuss about the WAMP issue which I faced when I got my hands on it. In the previous posts, Ive described the WAMP and drupal installation, configuration etc.
But after doing all this, when i restarted my computer and double clicked on WAMP, I wasn't able to open the http://localhost/drupal. I checked out services.msc, and I was amazed that inspite of double clicking on WAMP, there was no entry for wampmysqld and wampapache. WTF ...

So I re-installed everything and faced the same problem again on restarting my computer.
I decided to google it and found that WAMP has come issues with Skype , but I had no skype on my computer.
So, I disabled all the firewalls and anti virus on my system, started computer in safe mode with networking, checked ports and what not... Huff... I got tired of searching so I thot of trying it my way...And I did it finally......
So here it goes:

Starting WAMP

1. Double click on wamp. You'll see and icon for WAMP where the time appears on Win XP.
2.Click on the WAMP icon.Goto APACHE- Services- Install Service. A command window opens up, hit enter and it'll be gone.
3.Click on the WAMP icon.Goto MySQL-Service-Install Service.
4. Now goto APACHE- Services-Start/Resume Service.
5. Now goto MySQL- Services-Start/Resume Service.

BINGO !!! Its done now.. Now everythings gonna work. You can check services.msc and ull see wampmysqld and wampapache...

The steps look damn easy but they blow the mind of someone jus starting wid it...

No comments:

Post a Comment